- Dynamics, durability and reliability of machines, aggregates and structures in construction, transport and power engineering.
- Energy efficiency and energy conservation (development and introduction of modern energy saving technologies).
- Forecasting and modeling of economic, technological, innovative and socio-demographic processes (development of mathematical methods and simulation systems of objects and processes, sustainable development of socioeconomic passenger transport system in cities).
- Basic research on actual problems of social and human sciences.
- The most important problems of physical and mathematical sciences and engineering.
- Optimizing management of urban economy in the current economic conditions. Sustainable development of cities.
- Energy and energy efficiency (development and introduction of modern energy saving techniques and technologies in power supply and lightning of the cities and urban electric transport).
- Rational environmental management (studying engineering ecology problems in urban areas, improving the quality of drinking water and water discharged into water bodies).
- New substances and materials (creation of new efficient building materials and products on the basis of organic and inorganic origin, technologies and equipment for their production. Creation of advanced building designs that ensure the effectiveness of the construction and modernization of buildings and structures of urban and regional destination).
- Technologies and means of mathematical modeling, optimization and system analysis of solving complicated tasks of nationwide scale.